The purpose of the TOEFL test is to evaluate the English proficiency of people whose native language is not English. The TOEFL test measures English language proficiency in reading, listening, and writing and is offered on computer in most regions of the world.
The TOEFL ( test of English as a foreign language ) test is based on the most up-to date information.
The course contains a variety of materials which together provide a comprehensive TOEFL preparation program.
TOEFL modules in brief:
The computer-based TOEFL test has four sections:
- Listening measures the ability to understand the spoken English
- Structure measures the ability to recognize language that is appropriate for standard written English.
- Reading measures the ability to understand short passages that are similar in topic and style to academic texts used in America or United kingdoms colleges and universities.
- Writing measures the ability to write in English on an assigned topic.
The paper-based test has three sections:
- Listening Comprehension measures the ability to understand spoken English.
- Structure and Written Expression measures the ability to recognize standard written English.
- Reading Comprehension measures the ability to read and understand no technical material.
- The Test of Written English (TWE) is also required for everyone taking the paper-based test. Test takers are given 30 minutes to write a short essay on an assigned topic.
The paper-based TOEFL test takes about 3.5 hours to complete.
Ielts stands for (International English Language Testing system) . The test consists of four modules – listening ,speaking ,reading and writing – and takes two hours and 45 minutes to complete.
IELTS modules in brief:
There are four sections and a total of about 40 questions ,testing different listening skills.
There are three reading passages and a total of about 40 questions ,which tests a range of reading skills . passages comes from magazines ,journals ,books and newspapers and the topics of general interest..
There are two tasks ,one of at least 150 words and the other of at least 250 words.
This part is an interview between the candidate and an examiner coverin three main domains:
- General questions about yourself
- A talk on a topic for about one to two minutes
- A discussion of abstract issue related to a topic of general interest
- PET stands for preliminary English Test (pet).
- PET is for lower intermediate students.
- PET tests your reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Each of these four skills represents 25% of the total mark.
PET modules in brief:
- Reading (1 hour - five (5) parts)
- Writing (30 minutes – three (3) parts)
- Listening (about 30 minutes - four (4) parts )
- Speaking (10- 12 minutes - four parts)
We have a functional Communication skills program for adult and young learners.
The course aims to:
- Providing dynamic, communicative practice that involves students in lively interaction based on the content of real-life contexts and situations.
- Providing miscellaneous practice with one or more functions ,the grammatical forms needed to express those functions.
- Practise the language in community , office , street, home , school , friends, co-workers and family.
- lessening the communication gap resulting from the differences in communicators' style and cultures.
- Assessing your relationship skills.
- Improve your english with listening ,reading, writing and speaking.
- The topics will be widely taken from everyday life situations at home or jobs...etc, culture and community to world events.
- Learning tips and advice for learning or improving grammar will be our responsibility .We guide your first steps to proficiency in the English language.
- Private tution for all school grades.
- We are ready to help you with your college English course.
- Upper – intermediate.
Develop your business skills with Rak int'l institute english team,
The course includes:
- Phone calls - hold on i just need to make a note.
- Person to person - pleased to meet you !
- Writing - (layout ,mail and faxes etc..).
- Exchanging information - i'd like some more details …
- Meetings - thank you for coming!
- Entertaining visitors - make yourself at home!
- Explaining and presentation - let me demonstrate.
- Learn American everyday Idioms.
- The grammar of english is an important course in english written primarily for school and university students.
- The course provides the learners with the basic grammatical rules.
- Special programs for advanced learners.
- Writing skills are essential for success in high schools, colleges, and at a job, so join us to know the keys to effective writing.
- This course will help students to write well structured sentences and longer writing passages in a variety of practical, everyday styles.
- Students will learn vocabulary, grammar and sentence structure and basic paragraph structure.
- You'll learn how to put the paragraph together to make your writing coherent, logical and effective.
- Every day english.
- Four skills (Listening - Writing - Reading - Speaking) development.
- Special courses for pre-school childrens.