ICDL Certification Program
ICDL is an internationally-recognized standard of competence for computer users. It is a certificate awarded to a person who has passed one theoretical Test on the Basic Concepts of Information Technology (IT) and six practice-based Tests using a personal computer and common computer applications.
The seven Test Modules are:
- Basic Concepts of Information Technology (IT).
- Using the Computer and Managing Files.
- Word Processing.
- Information and Communication.
The ICDL product, for a candidate, consists of two
- Skills Card
- International Computer Driving License
When a candidate registers to start the ICDL certification program he/she receives a Skills Card on which the candidate's progress through the seven Test Modules is recorded by the Approved Test Centre(s) in which the candidate sits the Tests. When all seven modules have been successfully completed, We send the completed Skills Card to ICDL GCC Foundation where it will be exchanged for an International Computer Driving Licence.
The ICDL is the actual certificate that attests to the holder's ability to use a personal computer and common computer applications, and states that the holder has been tested according to the ICDL standard based upon a single universal Syllabus. The ICDL is an internationally accepted document and has a similar format throughout licenced countries.
|What Are The Benefits?
The ICDL's core certification, the ICDL, is the cornerstone of the entire range of ICDL Certification.
As the global standard for end-user computer skills, the ICDL is widely recognized for the variety of benefits, it brings to the individual, employers and society.
Benefits for the individuals:
- Increase essential IT skills levels.
- Increase confidence in computer use.
- Provide internationally-recognized qualification.
- Improve job prospects and job mobility.
- Provide a platform from which to move on to higher-level IT education.
Benefits for the employers:
- Increase productivity.
- Reduce costs.
- Increase the quality of output.
- Reduce time wasted.
- Make better use of IT resources.
- Provide a better return on IT investments.
- Provide a tangible benchmark for computer user skills.
|Benefits for society:
- Raises the general level of competency in computer skills.
- Promotes computer literacy.
- Creates a gateway to the Information Society.
- Generates employment in the training and testing services and products sectors.
- The ICDL is designed specifically for those who wish to gain a basic qualification in computing to help them with their current job, to develop their IT skills, and to enhance their career prospects. No prior knowledge of IT or computer skills is needed to obtain the ICDL. However, you may need to study or train prior to sitting for the tests.